It is a national certification program for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who provide support to people experiencing disabilities. We are proudly partnered with NADSP offering our DSPs the learning opportunities and benefits of NADSP’s Certification program. This program is known for its powerful benefits to DSPs, the people they support, and employers.
- DSPs benefit from learning and applying best practices and evidence-based skills and knowledge in the workplace.
- People receiving support from certified DSPs benefit from partnering with highly trained professionals who are committed to supporting them ethically and effectively through the skills they have mastered.
- Organizations who employ credentialed DSPs can provide stronger assurances of quality to people supported, allowing for funders to proudly market their employment of nationally certified staff.
Three Levels of Certification
DSP-I: 50 training hours
DSP-II: 100 training hours
DSP-III: 150 training hours
Your training hours are compounded, so 50 hours are needed for each level. For each level completed you'll receive an extra $1/hour increase to your current wage. So, after completing all three levels, you would be making an extra $3/hour!
- Employed with InVision for over six months
- Not currently on corrective action
- Training and supporting documentation are up to date
- Supervisor supports your interest with a recommendation letter